“For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16
This scripture passage is the sum of our Christian faith. On the basis of this and many other passages in the Bible, we believe, teach and confess that:
- There is one God, who has revealed himself in the Bible as the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- The entire Bible is the inspired and inerrant word of God.
- God created the entire world and humanity.
- All people are conceived and born in sin, commit sin throughout their entire lives, and therefore are under God’s condemnation.
- God sent his own Son, Jesus Christ, into the world to be the Savior of all people. Jesus lived a perfect life for us and paid for the sins of the entire world with his innocent death on the cross.
- God raised Jesus from the dead.
- By faith in Jesus as our Savior we have the forgiveness of all sins and a sure hope of eternal life in heaven.
- At the end of the world, Jesus will return, taking all who have faith in him to live with him forever.